Duc Thanh Nguyen
Bsc (HCMCUS), Msc (AIT), PhD (UOW)
I am currently a Lecturer at the School of Information Technology, Deakin University. I was a postdoctoral research fellow at SUTD and a researcher at the School of Computer Science and Software Engineering and Smart Food Centre, School of Medicine, University of Wollongong.
My Google profile: Google Scholar
My full CV: CV
- Image Processing and Computer Vision: Human and object detection, statistical approaches for object detection and segmentation, shape analysis, visual feature extraction
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition: Multi-instance multi-label learning, graphical models for machine learning, variational methods, statistical machine learning and pattern recognition
- Multimedia Signal Processing: Video analysis, image and video retrieval
- Document Image Analysis and OCR: Page segmentation, text extraction, document skew estimation, document binarisation
- Artificial Intelligence: Scheduling and genetic algorithms
- Mar 21, 2017: Our paper "SHREC'17: RGB-D to CAD retrieval with ObjectNN dataset" has been accepted and will appear in the 3D Object Retrieval workshop (3DOR), Eurographics 2017. Details can be found at http://people.sutd.edu.sg/~saikit/projects/sceneNN/shrec17/
- Feb 6, 2017: Our paper "Prediction of population health indices from social media using kernel-based textual and temporal features" has been accepted in the 26th ACM World Wide Web - WWW, 2017 (Cognitive Computing Alternative Research Track).
- Feb 1, 2017: Our grant application "Data-driven approaches for 3D modeling in graphics and vision" (~ $500,000 SGD) has been successful (funded by the Ministry of Education of Singapore).
- Jan 16, 2017: I am a member of the advisory board of the SHREC2017 - 3D Shape Retrieval Contest: RGB-D Object-to-CAD Retrieval track (12th Eurographics 2017 Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval). Details can be found at http://people.sutd.edu.sg/~saikit/projects/sceneNN/shrec17/
- Jan 13, 2017: Our grant application "A multi-source semantic 3D modeling platform for virtual Singapore" (~ $750,000 SGD) has been successful (funded by the National Research Foundation of Singapore).
- Oct 29, 2016: Our paper "SceneNN: a scene meshes dataset with annotations" has been awarded Best Paper Honorable Mention in 3DV 2016 (http://3dv.stanford.edu/). Congratulations team!
- Oct 20, 2016: Our paper "A robust 3D-2D interactive tool for scene segmentation and annotation" is now available at http://arxiv.org/abs/1610.05883
- SIT112: Data science concepts
- SIT199: Applied algebra and statistics
- SIT205: Thinking systems and cognitive science (Lecturing + Unit chair)
- SIT221: Data structures and algorithms (Lecturing + Unit chair)
Honours and Awards
- Best Paper Honorable Mention for the work "SceneNN: a scene meshes dataset with annotations" (sponsored by Facebook) in the 2016 IEEE International Conference on 3D Computer Vision (3DV)
- Young Researcher Support granted by the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2014)
- Travel Grant to the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2011)
- Full scholarship offered by the University of Wollongong, Australia for Ph.D. study in Computer Science, 2008.
- Full scholarship offered by the National University of Singapore (NUS) for Ph.D. study (Computer Science/School of Computing), 2008
- Full scholarship offered by the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) of Vietnam for Master study in Computer Science, 2004
- Scientific Reports/Nature
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters
- Image and Vision Computing
- Pattern Recognition Letters
- The IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (from 2012)
- The 2009 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition
- The 2009 International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Methods
- The 6th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA 2008)